Pages

Saturday 22 August 2015

Active Imagintion

There is a character trait I've had listed on my repot card as a child that I have come to treasure; an "overactive imagination ". It does me well on long drives, it did me less well in math class. What a marvellous thing to engage your own mind and start a creative processes.

While thoughts, dreams, super ideas, ice cream parlour prototypes, and visual inspiration float through my brain I try to teach myself to write stuff down. I forget things. I lose details. The other danger I've found though is that my mind can turn negative and thinks it can throw my inspirations out the window. I have less control over my thoughts than I would like.

Currently I've spent the last 9 days in a little room with some tubes running out of my arm. I'll probably be here a while longer still. It has afforded me a lot of thought time. There are several vases bursting with colourful garden flowers and one entirely from the country fields outside the city (courtesy of my mom). They keep making me cry. Praise God for doctors and nurses, for family, for friends and for flowers from good people.

1 comment: